Friday, October 31, 2008

The Midnight Meat Train

After a generally crappy day at work on my favorite holiday of the year, I got home and checked my email to find that the movie I have been waiting to see since the 2007 San Diego Comicon was playing for free on FEARnet.com. This film is based on a short story from Clive Barker's first anthology, The Books of Blood, which also includes my other favorite short story that I would love to see as a movie, In The Hills, The Cities. The movie is pretty much dead-on with the original story with just the addition of a love interest and the main character is now a photographer. The movie lives up to its name and does delivery the bloody, meaty goods with Bradley Cooper, from such films as Wedding Crashers and Wet Hot American Summer, taking the lead without crumbling under the imposing performance of genre favorite Vinnie Jones as the serial butcher. Clive Barker fans rejoice and let's hope the next Blood movie adaptations are just as good.

Click here to check out the official website.

No comments: