Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight


I knew nothing about this film until I hit the San Diego Comicon this past summer and the place was a buzz by the appearance of Stephanie Meyer, the supposed next J.K. Rowling, and her upcoming film adaptation of her teenage vampire novel by the same name. Being a huge Potter fan, I immediately downloaded the books to my Amazon Kindle to see what the deal was and was treated to the most bloodless vampire story I had ever read. The film lives up to this benchmark but does it in a much more efficient manner and makes the story better but cutting out the internal monologues. I liked the movie better than the book obviously but being a glutton for punishment I read the next thre novels to see what would happen. The story does get better in the following novels and brings in the "wolves" as alluded to in the first book and Bella does become an even better femme fatale.

Click here to check out the official website.

No comments: