Saturday, June 6, 2009

Land of the Lost

Being a kid in the 70s and growing up on Sid and Marty Krofft's Land of the Lost Saturday morning show, there was no chance I would not be seeing this movie. Even after watching the SciFi channel marathon reruns and my childhood wonder dampened, I still had to see the film and ultimately enjoyed it. Being older now I enjoyed the older sexier Holly and the "ugly and hairless" paku females. This movie suffers from the same mentality that hurt the Grindhouse film in that why spend 200 million on a remake of a film genre or TV series that was low budget to start with and was loved for it? I would have been just as happy with a man in a rubber dinosaur suit playing Grumpy and stomping a scale model set of the cave.

Click here to check out the official website.

No comments: