Monday, July 13, 2009

Phedre HD Broadcast from Britain's National Theatre

I didn't get to renew my season tickets this year for the Shakespeare Theatre and to rub salt in my wounds a limited performance run of Phedre starring Helen Mirren is scheduled to kick-off the 2009-2010 season of performances. But before the play is scheduled to come to DC, a live HD performance would be broadcast as part of Britain's National Theatre Live program. Thanks to my friend Svetlana we scored tickets and was treated to a wonderful play with an expected fantastic performance by Helen Mirren. I love Helen Mirren in everything she does! I wish I could see her in person performing on the Sidney Harman stage but all 12 performances are completed sold out and I am glad I got to see the broadcast if nothing else.

Click here to check out the official website.

No comments: