Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Now it's Freddy's turn to get the franchise update with Robert Englund's shoes being filled by a very capable Jackie Earle Haley who brings us a darker monster with less gallows humor. First off the movie is well done and delivers most of the key visual sequences from the original film if not where you expect them and does flesh out Krueger's back story more than in the initial film. Being an avid fan of the series, I enjoyed the film but was overcome with a sense of "been there, seen that" that kept me from being as engrossed in the film as I wanted to be. One thing that never ceases to amaze me though is how manly parents bring their little kids to see these R-rated films in the theater - not teenagers but children under the age of ten. Even I have to draw the line somewhere never minding how much I look forward to taking my best friend's child to her first horror movie when she is old enough and ready to handle it.

Click here to check out the official website.

No comments: