Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fright Night 3D

As a horror fan I am compelled to see remakes of the favorite films of my youth and must endure the lack luster re-imagining or a director's new vision. I had high hopes based on the trailer but this remake is anemic and lacks any of the charm that makes the original film a classic. One thing I did like was the updating of the Peter Vincent character from a TV horror host to a Las Vegas entertainer headlining a show like Bite - a very sexy show which I recommend checking out when in Vegas - with the 10th Doctor, David Tennant, filling in for Roddy McDowall. Also there is a nice cameo that fans of the original will like and should be expecting. It does not do justice to the original but if you have not seen it then it may not be too bad.

Click here to check out the official website.

No comments: