Saturday, July 31, 2010

Charlie St. Cloud

I had no desire to see this movie after being inundated with the never ending trailers for it and I believe I also got free advanced screening passes that I let go but I had time to kill time today due running late to the theater to see Dinner for Schmucks due to the never ending weekend maintenance on the DC Metro's Yellow line. Zac Efron stars as Charlie who loses his brother in a car accident and gives up going to college and his career as a sailing champion to keep a promise to his brother's ghost to play catch with him every day. The movie plot is a bit hokey but scripted well enough to suspend disbelief until the reveal is made. Efron is a decent actor and does deliver a good performance but it seems like this should be a Lifetime movie versus being on the big screen. Not a bad movie but not my cup of tea so I would say rent it for date night and you would be fine.

Click here to check out the official website.

No comments: