Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fame (2009)


Even though I have yet to see all of the 1980's Fame movie, I was a huge teenage fan of the TV series that ran on NBC back in 1982. Instead of being a remake, this movie is more of a generational true-up that reflects the current state of the arts and struggles of the school's gifted performers. There was no chance that I was not going to see this movie and I did enjoy it despite the early critics reviews. The performing set pieces are fun and energetic but the quick transition between school years and the lack of any real investment in the students back stories does not suck you in and engage you as much as you would like. It was good seeing Debbie Allen from the original film and the TV series even though I did not get any nostalgia pangs but the movie was worth seeing during my Saturday matinee.

Click here to check out the official website.

No comments: